We are looking for people to host events on behalf of Open House Ministries. There are so many great ideas. You could get together with your friends, family and co-workers to create a special event that would benefit our families. Perhaps you are interested in cooking, then you could do a dinner and whatever funds and awareness you stir up would benefit the 31 families that live her at our shelter. You could do a bingo night, craft fair, bake sale, car wash, dance, garage sale, food drive, coat drive. If you can get organized and you can recruit some friends to help, YOU can run your own event! How…?
Event Fundraiser Tips: Cause+ Friends+ Event = awareness and $$ for our shelter.
You’ll need some friends to help; our events coordinator will help you with media part of this, by putting event in the local newspaper, website facebook and our newsletter.
What will your event be? Location? Time? Date? (make sure we don’t plan another event on same day) Let’s plan a few months out, so it allows publishing time.
- Run a pancake breakfast
- Carwashes are fun
- Pizza night at your church and invite friends and family, charging a small fee
- Movie Night, with popcorn and beverage
- Run an ‘enlightenment’ seminar at your church or school and tell people about homelessness and what they can do to help (no charge for this one).
- Organize a food drive to benefit the homeless families
- Put up a donation box at your job or school
- Collect change at your church
- Put up a display at your church or school. Have a table with information from My Open House Ministries and give people suggestions of how they can help.
- Stage Awareness. Have a night of sleeping on the school or church floor to remind others of how it feels to be homeless.
- Race for the Homeless occurs every-year with our friends at New Heights Church. Partner with them and help get water donations or porter potties donated for event.
Fashion show, comedy night , the sky is the limit. Get together with friends and family, to help us think up ideas. Lets get an event out EVERY MONTH
Contact Judy McMorine at 360-356-3770 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also make sure you have promotional or printed materials if needed, and someone will be taking pictures of every event.
Thank you and remember every idea is important! Thank you for your support.