915 West 13th Street
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wheel Deals Bicycles is a year-round, full-service bicycle sales and service shop run by Open House Ministries. We offer consistently superior service and surprisingly affordable prices. All proceeds support the operations here at Open House and help us walk alongside homeless families in Clark County as they rebuild their lives.
We accept donations of new and used bicycles, helmets, locks and inner tubes. In the fall, inventory runs low, making that a great time for you to think of us! To donate or learn more, please contact Mark Roskam or the shop at 360-205-5617. All of our bicycles have been tested at the bike shop and meet high quality safety standards. Come and see what’s currently for sale on our bike rack.
• We are proud to have received a formal honorable mention recommendation in The Columbian’s 2016 Best of Clark County. We also received incredibly high scores for customer service and satisfaction and the informal title of the “best kept secret” of bike owners in Clark County.
• More than 200 reconditioned bicycles are in our inventory, priced from $10 and up for kid’s bikes and $45 and up for adult bikes. Our sweet spot for good-to-great adult bikes is from $95-$195.
• We have an extensive inventory of new and used parts, many unusual and vintage bicycles, and nearly all styles and multiple brands of bicycles. We service bikes of all types, with competitive repair rates beginning with our tune-up special of $55.
• Our service times are usually better than most bike shops, and we service bicycles many shops won’t touch, due to our affordable rates. We often make it possible to repair a bike that was deemed unfixable.
• All bicycles sales and service includes our satisfaction guarantee on the quality of our workmanship and your experience with us. All donations of bicycles to our ministry are eligible for a charitable giving receipt for tax purposes.
• We provide extraordinarily affordable service to the homeless people of Clark County and to those needing bicycling assistance. Open House Ministries is also a sponsor of Vancouver Human Services Council’s Bike-to-Work program.
In 2011, two staff members at Open House Ministries, noticed several significant needs in serving homeless families. First, there was a need for non-traditional, non-classroom environments for teaching residents communication and work skills. Second, we saw a supply of good-to-great bicycle donations available to us.
With both extensive bicycling building and riding experience, the staff members opened Wheel Deals Bicycles. It was initially housed in a vacant office with a few willing hearts and only a few more hand tools.
Today, we offer quality refurbished bicycles in all price ranges at less-than-expected prices, using regional and local producing guides to competitively price our bicycles. Similarly, we offer excellent quality and timely bicycle service to all customers at unusually low prices. We can keep our operational expenses low through the use of residential job training and skill-building programs, interagency work programs and volunteer labor, all working under careful supervision of experienced bike supervisors.