How can a family become a resident at Open House?
Open House Ministries works with a wide network of collaborative partners and service providers. They consist of local and regional human services agencies and organizations and local faith communities and churches. Families are referred to Open House by these collaborative partners, and are considered for application based on our availability and the family’s willingness to work the program that Open House Ministries provides.
Often local pastors or outreach coordinators of local churches have insight into families in need who are willing to change. We gladly accept referrals from local pastors. We also collaborate with many local human service providers such as the Department of Social and Human Services (DSHS), Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), Child Protective Services (CPS), Columbia River Mental Health and Community Services Northwest. They, in turn, work with our Case Management staff and refer families to our shelter.
Families receive a follow up to let them know when an apartment might come available at Open House. When available, the candidates meet one on one with our Case Management team to set the groundwork for their stay. If accepted into the program, the family receives housing, food, clothing and basic needs and full program support.
Why it works
For 30 years our programs have healed broken lives and restored families. Families admitted into residency at Open House Ministries understand that their future will be shaped by their participation in the program.
- Families that become part of the Open House Ministries community understand:
- We are a Christian family shelter.
- You and your family will be treated with dignity and respect.
- We will accept you just as you are, and will provide a loving, supportive community and programs to help you get back on your feet.
- We maintain a 100% clean and sober environment, applicable to residents, staff, volunteers and all our programs.
- While you are at Open House, you will receive all the resources we offer to help your family become self-sufficient. We will also connect you to outside agencies and resources to help you and your family.
- You and your family will receive healing of mind, body and spirit.
- You will be held accountable.
- As long as there is growth, you can stay a week at a time, for as long as it takes, for up to one year.
Does Open House Ministries have emergency housing services?
Open House Ministries is a family homeless shelter. We provide residential housing and comprehensive programs for homeless families with children. Other service providers provide temporary housing and emergency services. If you or someone you know is in need of emergency housing services, we recommend contacting the Council for the Homeless “Housing Hotline” at (360)695-9677, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday/Sunday 11am-2pm.
(If you or someone you know is facing a life-threatening emergency, we urge you to call “911”.)
If you need housing or shelter in Clark County, WA call the Council for the Homeless Housing Hotline:
Mon thru Fri: 9am-5pm
Sat, Sun: 11am-2pm
Child And Family
Child Protective Services
24/7 Hotline: 1-866-363-4276
888-713-6115 (M-F: 8-4:30) or 1-800-562-5624 (eves & wknds)
Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Hotline
Safe Choice (English, Español)
Support for men and women fleeing abuse/domestic violence.
Mental Health Crisis Line
360-696-9560 or 1-800-626-8137