How can a family become a resident at Open House?
Open House Ministries works with a wide network of collaborative partners and service providers. They consist of local and regional human services agencies and organizations, as well as local faith communities and churches. Families referred to Open House are considered based on our availability and the family’s willingness to work the program that Open House Ministries provides.
Often, local pastors or outreach coordinators of local churches have insight into families in need who are willing to change. We gladly accept referrals from them. We also collaborate with providers such as the Department of Social and Human Services (DSHS), Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), Child Protective Services (CPS), Columbia River Mental Health and Community Services Northwest. Working with our case management staff, families are referred.
When there is room for one of these families at Open House, the candidates meet one on one with our case management team to set the groundwork for their stay. If accepted into the program, the family receives housing, food, clothing, basic needs and full program support.
Why it works
For 30 years, Open House has helped heal broken lives and restore families. Once admitted into residency at Open House Ministries, we talk a lot about how a resident’s future will be shaped by their participation in our holistic program. Families that become part of the Open House Ministries community understand:
- Open House is a Christian family shelter.
- You and your family will be treated with dignity and respect.
- We accept you just as you are and will provide a loving, supportive community to help you get back on your feet.
- We maintain a 100 percent clean and sober environment, applicable to residents, staff and volunteers.
- While you are at Open House, you will receive all the resources we offer to help your family become self-sufficient. We will also connect you to outside agencies and resources to help you and your family.
- You and your family can receive healing of mind, body and spirit.
- You will be held accountable.
- As long as there is growth, you can stay a week at a time, for as long as it takes, for up to one year.
Does Open House Ministries have emergency housing services?
We provide residential housing and comprehensive programs for homeless families with children. If you or someone you know is in need of emergency housing services outside of that definition, we recommend contacting the Council for the Homeless at 360-695-9677.
(If facing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.)